The Power of Your Mind

The secret to understanding how to harness the power of your mind is to know how your mind works and the power that comes with this. Your mind is comprised of two very different parts: the conscious and subconscious. The conscious mind is what we think of when we say “I” or “me.” This conscious state is only responsible for about 3% of the mind’s power. The subconscious mind, on the other hand, is responsible for roughly 97% of what manifests in our lives.

The conscious mind is where we do our thinking, analyzing, reasoning, and higher order thinking. It is only capable of holding onto one particular thought or idea for a few seconds before it flutters off to some other thought, idea, or distraction. Your conscious mind is where you spend most of your time, with sleep or deep meditation being the exceptions.

The subconscious mind takes care of many of your “autopilot” functions. These are the things you don’t really need to think about and mentally process, like digesting food, blinking, and the beating of your heart. The subconscious mind is also like a sponge, soaking up everything that happens to you in your entire lifetime through the use of all five senses. Whereas the conscious mind is only capable of doing one thing at a time, the subconscious mind can successfully handle an infinite amount of tasks at once. Whereas the conscious mind is flighty and easily-distracted, the subconscious mind never loses focus.

Now take into account that all the thoughts and emotions we have, whether products of our conscious or subconscious minds, send energy out into the universe. Each thought and emotion has a unique energy vibration and, because of the law of attraction, draws other similar energies to it. The law of attraction says that like things attract like things. For example, if your conscious mind is affirming the thought, “I deserve the best. I’m happy,” yet your subconscious mind has recorded a million incidences of you affirming the mindset of, “I hate myself. I am the worst,” then you are broadcasting these opposing views to the universe simultaneously. The secret to harnessing the power of the mind is in using the conscious mind to reprogram the subconscious mind.

How can that be accomplished? By using techniques like visualization and affirmations, for instance, you can train your subconscious mind so that it broadcasts any energy you’ve specifically chosen. Because the subconscious mind cannot distinguish if an image it sees is real or imagined, past or present, dream or reality, these techniques take advantage of that and reprogramming can take place.

What many people seem to overlook is that Feng Shui, along with visualizations and affirmations, are highly effective tools for reprogramming the messages the subconscious mind sends out into the universe. Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese art and science of where to place objects, colors, and other things in your living and working space. By arranging your personal space in a balanced and harmonious manner with the principles of Feng Shui, this powerful energy will have an affect upon you. The result can contribute to or impede the success you bring into your life.